Working at SmartCone
SmartCone Technologies is a development stage technology company in Arnprior. Our mission is to be the market leader in rapid deployable IoT technologies & platforms that delivers site safety & operational efficiency for large private or public organizations. TheSmartCone is a turnkey system that delivers an end-to-end solution for deploying sensor devices rapidly in a mobile environment. We have been successful in attracting some of the Fortune 500 companies as our customers.
Do you love being at the heart of the action? Are you looking for a role where you make an impact? There’s always a lot on the go, so if you’re driven, energetic, and passionate about taking ownership of processes, this role could be perfect for you! This position offers a high-level of autonomy and exposure to the wide variety of ever evolving technologies.
The Manufacturing and Test Engineer will report into the engineering department but work closely with the manufacturing team to support improving quality and efficiency. This role will be responsible to develop solutions that decrease defect rates, improve test coverage, and build a quality system that can track test results and provide complete product traceability.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours as well as the option to switch between working remote and in the office. All our employees are covered by a competitive health care package that is fully paid for by SmartCone. This includes but is not limited to dental care (including major dental), life and disability insurance as well as drug reimbursements. In order to provide a healthy work life balance, we additionally sponsor wellness services such as gym memberships, counselling and many more. At our office free parking is available.
- Take ownership developing and implementing a new manufacturing test and quality platform
- Be hands on and assist with the testing, troubleshooting, and manufacturing efforts
- Help develop assembly stations that reduce defects and expedite production times
- Design, build and support semi-automated/manual test solutions for IoT products
- Define processes and solutions to ensure PCBA’s, electronic sub-assembly’s, RF communication devices, cable assemblies and mechanical housings are properly tested and assembled by utilizing automated testing and tracking software
- Monitor and report failure modes and solutions to improve product quality
- Work with both the engineering and manufacturing teams ensuring products are designed for manufacturability and can properly be tested, calibrated, and debugged
- Work with other manufacturing team members to continually improve our manufacturing test times, production throughput and test coverage
- Provide ongoing test and product support, working closely with all members of the manufacturing team
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3-7 years of experience in a similar role or utilizing similar skill sets
- Good understanding of electronics and electrical principals while possessing a mechanical aptitude
- Solid coding skills, capable of developing test software, and database applications
- Comfortable with Linux
- Experience with creating and utilizing databases for data collection and analysis
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Proficient in the principles of testing and test automation technologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work on-site in West Ottawa.
$75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering: 3 years (required)