As an Inside Sales Executive, you will be responsible for developing new prospects and interacting with assigned customers to increase sales and margin of the company’s products and/or services. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales and Business Development, your primary focus will be face-to-face selling and account management activities to meet sales revenue goals by assessing customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services and/or solutions to ensure a smooth sales process. There will be a certain degree of creativity and latitude required. You will be expected to engage with all levels of the customers’ organizations including technical, operations, supply chain and executive management. You may be required to develop and deliver sales bids, presentations, proposals and/or product demonstrations.
You’ll be responsible for developing and executing against a comprehensive account/territory plan and driving sales in a defined territory and/or account list to achieve revenue targets.
· Executes and expands assigned customer account plan(s) which is developed in conjunction with management.
· Executes on billing margin initiatives through value added services, marketing programs, and partners engagement.
· Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and developing leads through referral channels. Follow up on inbound, web and corporate event leads
· Track pipeline and sales activity in our CRM including accurate forecasts.
· Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
· Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
· Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
· Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
· Utilizes sales management tools for sales planning, supplier planning and documenting opportunities.
· Provides quotations directly or in conjunction with sales support team.
· Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Business, Marketing or Technology
· 5+ years of proven experience in technology sales in either B2B, enterprise B2B, or SaaS sales. Inside sales experience preferred.
· Ability to learn complex technical products and solutions. Coachable and flexible.
· A strong team player. Ability to work in a team environment.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, commission-driven sales environment.
· Must possess experience and enthusiasm for hunting for new customers (hunter mindset).
· An expert at prioritization, planning, and managing your time. Target key accounts and prospects, understand their complex organizations, and work with key stakeholders to win.
· Able to forecast accurately and strategically within the target accounts.
· A master of interpersonal skills with deep commitment to understanding and delighting clients.
· Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
· Proven experience in building trust A-track record of exceeding goals and delivering results.
· Ability to articulate and deliver an executive-level presentation on quantified economic value.
· Effective communicator both written and verbally in English is a must. (Spanish, French and other laguages is a plus)
· Experience in networking, security and/or public/private cloud a plus.
· Knowledge of industry trends and best practices a plus.
· Strong Microsoft Office Suite and MS Teams skills.
· Good understanding of IoT technology, Cloud and SaaS.
· Strong knowledge of MindMap MindManager software tool.
SmartCone Technologies Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“SmartCone”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of SmartCone to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
At SmartCone Technologies, our mission is simple: we want to save lives and secure your assets. Since 2011, we’ve been researching and developing IoT (Internet of Things) technologies to make safety more intelligent, cost-effective, adaptable, scalable, and mobile, all at the highest standards of security and privacy.
TheSmartCone solutions have been used for securing dangerous worksites, controlling bicycle lane traffic, managing vehicle fleets, monitoring traffic incident scenes, mobile and fixed advertising, crowd control, and site security surveillance. Our clients include utility companies, departments of transportation, construction companies, engineering firms, global logistics companies, courier companies and various policing agencies among others.
We offer a competitive salary, a good sales commission plan and flexible working hours as well as the option to switch between working remotely and in the office. All our employees are covered by a competitive health care package that is fully paid for by SmartCone. This includes but is not limited to dental care (including major dental), life and disability insurance as well as drug reimbursements. To provide a healthy work life balance, we additionally sponsor wellness services such as gym memberships, counselling and many more. At our office free parking is available.
SmartCone is Headquartered in Arnprior, Ontario, Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year + Commissions
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Arnprior, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 5 years (required)
- Technology sales: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Arnprior, ON