Working at SmartCone
SmartCone Technologies is a development stage tech company tech co in Arnprior. Our mission is to be the market leader in rapid deployable IoT technologies & platforms that delivers site safety & operational efficiency for large private or public organizations. TheSmartCone is a turnkey system that delivers an end-to-end solution for deploying sensor devices rapidly in a mobile environment. We have been successful in attracting some of the Fortune 500 companies as our customers.
Do you love being at the heart of the action? Are you looking for a role where you make an impact? There’s always a lot on the go, so if you’re driven, energetic, and passionate about taking ownership of processes, this role could be perfect for you! This position offers a high-level of autonomy and exposure to the wide variety of ever evolving technologies.
The successful candidate designs embedded firmware by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions; supports and develops software team.
We expect you to have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. You must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours as well as the option to switch between working remote and in the office. All our employees are covered by a competitive health care package that is fully paid for by SmartCone. This includes but is not limited to dental care (including major dental), life and disability insurance as well as drug reimbursements. In order to provide a healthy work life balance, we additionally sponsor wellness services such as gym memberships, counselling and many more. At our office free parking is available.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products.
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver.
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis.
- Post-secondary degree in in appropriate field of study.
- Ability to analyze, visualize, and model large amounts of data.
- 5-10 years of Embedded Firmware design experience.
- Proficient in C or C++, Python an asset.
- Experience using a number of different MCU’s.
- Experience with Bootloaders and OTA software updates.
- Experience with writing code to interface with various devices, sensors that utilize I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet, GPIO.
- You have interfaced with WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE and perhaps ZigBee, LoRa, and UWB.
- You understand how to code state machines.
- You understand the importance of BIT especially as it pertains to do EMI Compliance testing.
- You have conducted code reviews, used Git repos and understand how to release code revisions.
- You are skilled in documenting your designs, you are an excellent communicator, and you enjoy working on your own as well as on a team.
- You are hands on with Evaluation boards, or processor Development boards, not afraid of OScopes, or various protocol analyzers, and debug tools.
- You know how to use profilers but can utilize onboard LEDs and an LA in a pinch.
- Proficient in an embedded Linux environment and has experience using a number of different IDE’s.
- Experience building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Make data more understandable for businesses.
$90,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Software development: 5 years (required)